

90 Day Virtual Intergroup Meeting Minutes

May 8th 2021

In attendance:

Nikia – Chair

April – Friday am 6 am PST Rep

Marcie – Vice Chair

Jean FL – Monday night 8 pm Rep

Bob L – Monday newcomer meeting rep

Maggie – guest, Thursday 7 pm meeting

Kendra – acting secretary

Marcie volunteered to be the spiritual time keeper for the meeting

Officer Reports:

Chair - no report

Vice Chair – no report, won't do any type of budget until after our website goes live

Secretary – no report

Treasurer:

Jean is reporting for Francoise:

Bank account has \$2118.00 in the bank, concerned we are holding on to too much money, Her original thought was to take the \$600 and the other \$149 for the zoom meeting subscription, deduct these amounts from the \$2118.00, then this is still too much funds to have on hand and then Jean said it's better to have a budget system first before dividing up the remaining funds to virtual and world. It would be better to take a portion of our funds and set that up as a budget item, we need to pay our bills first before we give out donations to other service bodies, and for example give \$250.00 per quarter to Virtual and then \$250 to World service for now. Francoise agreed with Jean's proposal and that she suggests this proposal be made to the group.

Bob raised his hand to comment: Have we established what a prudent reserve for our intergroup?

Nikia: No, so we will have a budget committee and we haven't had our first official meeting yet because we are waiting for the website to go up, Marcie is the chair for the budget committee and the budget committee is in process. We need to address all those details at the budget committee.

Bob: Before we disburse the money we should have a budget first, most of the other service bodies work that way.

Nikia: Thank you bob. Would it be appropriate to have a discussion about this or should we pause the motion to wait until we have a conversation about prudent reserve because that seems like would be important. What are folks thoughts?

Kendra: How far off is the budget committee from meeting?

Nikia: We could do it soon.

Maggie: I think it would be good to table the discussion until the budget committee meets and it would be best to table and bring it up again later and to Bob's point, if we write it as a limit to a policy to the treasurer will give this amount of money these service bodies and if it's written in the budget it can be part of the treasurer's monthly report and we don't have to approve the donations at every meeting.

Marcie: We do need to have more discussion on the prudent reserve, the website should be up in a month to six weeks.

Jean: I know at Mass bay intergroup we had it written into our policies and procedures that we gave away a certain amount each quarter and we did have a figure for the prudent reserve, we had had an amount of expenses to cover one month or the amount it would cost to send someone to world service.

Nikia: So at this time, is everyone in agreement that this item be tabled until the budget committee meeting?

Everyone is in agreement.

Standing and Ad Hoc Committee Reports:

Web Tech Committee:

April: The web tech committee met and we met with Heidi, the gal whose doing our website. It was an amazing time where she took us through one of the websites that is already in existence and explained what the choices were that we had and we talked about our logo and mentioned some thoughts about colors and there's someone who is an interior design type of person in our fellowship and she is meeting with another person. It's wonderful how our fellowship works and we can have these people with experience get together, and we are all excited about it! Everything is good.

Marcie: Do you agree with me that it's a month to six months?

April: Yes, I had heard before that we should expect it up by June and I'm thinking end of June and by end of June that sounds reasonable, but we will have another meeting before then so we can get it.

Nikia: Mine too as well, thank you so much for sharing April. Many people have been waiting, thanks for sharing April. Any questions for April?

Workshop Committee:

The next workshop is on Saturday May 15th, same time 12 pm EST, there has been feedback from the last workshop, and the two speakers, there have been questions if they can be recorded, and I thought we could ask those speaking but for this one in particular the speakers didn't want to be recorded. This will be the last one in the series, and then we will start again in October around the holidays. Same time the same of the month and time of the day. We will decide on recording on a case by case basis, so if you are meetings and please feel free to make an announcement about it and if anyone needs a flier I can email it to you so you can register and if they register the first time then you don't have to register again, everyone is welcome and everyone can benefit from the workshop, and while it's geared toward the newcomer but the desire is for anyone to come. We will be meeting the last Saturday of May and we are talking about the fall and any changes we want. I believe it's going to be the 29th at 3:30 pm. Anyone have any question?

Bob: what time on the 29th?

Nikia: we are meeting at 3:30 pm PST.

Marcie; so part of my comment has to do with

Nikia: the workshop committee

Marcie: Yes there are several orthodox Jews that don't meet on Saturdays and there was a suggestion that maybe we could do one month on Saturday and one month on Sunday. And also, if we keep our workshops on Saturday to record them,

Nikia: That is partly what came up with me on phone calls, but again this one won't be recorded because someone specifically asked not to but it will ultimately be up to the person speaking if they are recorded in regards to changing our meeting that will be a discussion when the full board is here and so my thought is we table this until we have more people here and we can. Does everyone agree with that?

Bob: Maybe circulate an email because as Marcie said the orthodox I would like to throw out noon on Sunday EST.

Nikia: I think there would be a lot of back and forth, I think that would get confusing. This is something I can do, I could send out an email to those on the list to begin to think about ideas they have of alternative times and then for them to come and then respond with their ideas.

Maggie: If you are looking for ways to get the times, you could set up a google poll and have some choices and then you'll have that information in a google sheet.

Nikia: Thank you, is that through...

Maggie; If you have a gmail account it's through your google account that you make that, so it's really easy to get to and I can help somebody if they would like it, it's simple and easy.

Nikia: I don't know if you have my # but I would love to connect with you and I am thinking the email list I can do exactly what you are suggesting, perhaps you could assist me with that.

Maggie; Yeah just let me know.

Nikia: Thank you so much!

Jean: One of the things I wanted to point out is that when we were talking about when we were going to have our meetings is that the issue is that Françoise is in HA and HA is several hours off from West Coast time so it may not be feasible for Hawaii, this is why we came up for, of course she wasn't able to do it this weekend, but as far as trying to alternative Saturdays and Sundays I do know that one of the things that WSO questions so they had OA Holidays on Saturdays so now they suggest OA weekends as OA holidays.

Nikia: We need to have good options for those on the board, but I got a little confuse about talkinga out Sundays.

Jean: Yea, I was saying about Sundays it WSO was discussing about what holidays on Saturdays that if something is normally held on a Saturday then the group can do it on a Sunday.

Nikia: I see, thank you for clarifying. Since there is more discussion to be had, with Françoise not able to be here, I want to table and have on the agenda for next time as well and I say that It's going to be key for Françoise to be part of the conversation before I send out an email, so we will also table that for next time. Thank you Marcie for bringing that up, the next committee is the Budget Committee, there will be a budget meeting prior to the next IG meeting, Marcie do you know when that meeting will be>

Marcie: This time seems to work for us and so if we looked at June the workshop committee was the I mean if we look at May,

Nikia: That got changed, so right now for this meetingi t's the last Saturday of the month, the 29th, yes that's how I have it on my calendar. Originaly it was for the 3rd Saturday of the month and when I

scheduled it for May I scheduled it for the 29th, that is the current committee meeting, so nobody said we

Marice: That's fine, we could make ours the 22nd then. At the same time unless someone else. I think this is good.

Nikia: Thank you Marcie, we have gotten through all of our main things, but now we are on to old business and then discussion about new business. We have gone through our committee report.

Old Business:

Nikia: We need a secretary, I know that a secretary normally needs to have 2 months of abstinence but we are in the 5th month and I'm not sure if we can get an exception give that Kendra has continued to be of service and I wondered if we can just vote that Kendra be the secretary given the we haven't been able to have one.

Jean: Yes, I believe it is in the prevue of the board to appoint someone that the board can meet and decide to appoint someone and if need be they can waive the abstinence requirement if they have a good candidate, otherwise.

Nikia: Well I will be and keep everyone informed. That was the only thing and I want to move on.

Marcie; So what you are doing with the old business, so the

Nikia: The only thing that was noted for old business, we will have an email communication about Kendra being secretary.

Marcie: Is Kendra willing?

Kendra; I need to check with my husband because I have a conflict that came up now and I will let the group know this week.

Nikia: The other new business was Bob who had emailed me today wanting to have a workshop to invite current telephone meetings to have a workshop on having a hybrid meetings. I would like Bob to share and present and then we will have discussion and then go from there.

Bob: I can tell you from other groups that our attendance has between doubled and tripled when we've gone to zoom, so a couple of things that I what I would like to suggest is not only do we talk about the logistics of holding hybrid meetings because it scares people because it's new technology but maybe have the intergroup consider buying two of the cheap \$15 zoom accounts and this way the individual groups doesn't have to have their own account, the group doesn't have to manage the account level set ups and if you are just coming on as a meetings. Last thing I know the zoom bombers give people the problems,

Jean: I know when the pandemic hit that was one of the things that OAMBI did was set up a zoom committee. The other thing that somebody pointed out is there is some feeling that if the intergroup is providing zoom accounts, it could be an inducement for people to join the intergroup the other thing is a question is if we are offering zoom accounts are we endorsing outside enterprise, so we

Bob:

Nikia: So it sounds like at this junction it may be more so if we want to have a workshop to invite telephone meetings interested in being hybrid have a workshop on.

Jean: My question is why are you talking about hybrid, what is your definition of Hybrid?

Bob: Combination zoom and hybrid

Jan: They don't have to have that's not a hybrid meeting.

Bob: I propose this we have workshops in my other fellowship on that, it's very difficult and labor intensive, but everyone should feel equal on a call, you shouldn't have a handful of people on zoom and not see people on the meeting call, just add this feature.

Jean: Could I make a suggestion to you, when I was at the region convention a while back last year I went to one of the workshops that they had and it was about having meetings that had ASL and basically what they were doing was a hybrid meeting it was a face to face meeting and a computer they had a whole station on how to do that stuff, if they want to

Nikia: I think we are probably past the 5 minute time frame but go ahead April

April: I think we need to reserve the term hybrid to talk about phone meeting and a face to face meeting and that when we are talking about your situation, then that is a zoom meeting I was still confused about the terms in OA V the phone meeting coming to zoom, we maybe we can table the discussion and then come back and visit it next week.

Bob: I put in a power point we did last week and a recording to that meeting if you want to look at it, we had a lot of input, they talked about some of the challenges, the quality, it's the same thing when you have a face to face and a phone, then the quality is different. We can talk about it further.

Nikia; would you mind emailing that to me that would be great. So folks review this power point, is there any new business?

Nikia We can adjourn with the 3rd step prayer

Move to adjourn:

Let's do that, I wish everyone a good evening, let's end with the 3rd step prayer.

Ended with the 3rd step prayer.

